Shockwave therapy (SWT) is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment that accelerates the healing process
through an acoustic (sound) pressure waves to injured muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
SWT accelerates the healing process in the body by stimulating the metabolism and enhancing blood
circulation to regenerate damaged tissue. Shockwave technology delivers strong energy pulses that are
applied to the affected area for short periods of time via an applicator. This stimulates cells in the body that
are responsible for bone and connective tissue healing.
SWT can treat a wide variety of conditions including: (75-95% success rate):
- Frozen shoulder and rotator cuff tendinosis
- Achilles tendon pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel spurs
- Stress fractures
- Golfers elbow
- Tennis elbow
- Low back pain
- Calcific tendinopathy
What are the biological effects of SWT?
Increased blood flow, Stimulation of cellular metabolism, tissue repair/regeneration, increased tissue healing,
pain management, breaks down scar tissue, increased mobility, and increased recovery time.
There are a few instances when shockwave should not be used:
- Pregnancy or trying to conceive
- Someone with a pacemaker
- Patients on anticoagulants/blood thinners
- Patients on daily aspirin or taking any advil/naproxen/ibuprofen
- Over metal plates/pins
- Nerve or circulation disorders
- Malignant tumors
- History of seizures
- Application over open growth plates – not suitable for under 18 years
- You must discontinue use of advil/naproxen/ibuprofen during treatment.
How to book an appointment:
1) Book online: Click to book your shockwave therapy session with Dr. Jussa
2) Call (604) 980-4223
3) Most conditions require 2-6 treatments, one week apart
4) Fees: Initial visit $130. Follow up (20 min) $100. Billed under chiropractic session for insurance